This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Question about architecture

Oct 5, 2016 at 8:01 AM
Edited Oct 5, 2016 at 8:30 AM
Hi, is there a way to find out how complete interface is composed? I'm learning Prism and Mvvm and using Edi as cool project to learn about application composition and modules. Have noticed that some of the module loading reside in app.config and other are initialized in Bootstrapper. Shell is located in EdiApp/Views/Shell/MainWindow.xaml. From then on I'm mostly trying to deduce what is happening under the hood by using debugger, then I get lost and try to use books. Is there a way that you can help us in explaining main architecture and modules of Edi?
Best Regards, netom
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2016 at 10:48 AM
Hi,

thanks for your feedback. I am not a Prism expert either and the Edi application does have some start-up problems/bugs as well. So, I recommend you use it as a starting point but do take a minute to step back and think about improvements, as well.

The startup-sequence is not per se bad, but one problem I've found in the start-up sequence is the fact that the requirements of

1) re-opening and viewing the last open text file and
2) viewing the file that was given on the command line

are clashing and the first requirement does always override the second one. This is a minor problem and I can easily work around it
but I am sure one should think about these 'points of entries' and setup the start-up design accordingly. That setup is missing right
now :-( but I think its OK if you are aware of it.

Anyways, let me know if you find a component of sequence that you don't understand and I will try to explain how and why it starts
up the way it does.

Cheers Dirkster